- How To Do Opportunity Analysis For Your BusinessPosted 595 days ago
- How To Attract New Leads To Your BusinessPosted 595 days ago
- Role Of Technology In Modern Business SuccessPosted 596 days ago
- Tips On Buying Small Business Management SoftwarePosted 596 days ago
- Tips For Small Business Competition With Larger CompaniesPosted 597 days ago
- Benefits Of Online Computer Support For Small BusinessPosted 597 days ago
- 2 Ways To Improve Your Business And Make Money OnlinePosted 598 days ago
Functions of Human Resource Management
The basic functions of Human Resource Management include:
1. The Inception Function: This function deals with and selection of recruitment human resource. It involves identification of skills, knowledge, and abilities in an applicant. It facilitates fixation of performance standards, pay rate, and invoking fair disciplinary action, if any. The focus is on facilitating adjustment to the work environment, attainment of organizational goals and adherence to the rules and regulations of the department in which the candidate has to work.
2. Development Function: This function involves reformulating new employees to make them fully productive. It covers employee training, employee development, organizational development, and career development.
The focus is on assisting employees to acquire better and improved skills for handling current jobs, enriching employees with more productive values, making the organization more adaptive to external influences, and designing programs to assist employees in advancing in their work lives.
3. Motivational Function: This function aims at improving performance. This needs proper job designing, adoption of an effective performance appraisal machinery and introduction of a fair and just system of incentives and compensation.
4. Maintenance Function: This function deals with putting in place activities that will help retain productive employees. It involves providing safe working environment caring for the well-being of the employees and organizing communication programmes.
5. Employment Function: This function promotes the activities related to the inception function by advertising the job effectively. It is important to note that the function does not deal with hiring decisions. It just co-ordinates the efforts with line management by handling the routine paper work associated with recruitment and selection.
6. Training and Development Function: This function is the organization’s ‘internal change agent’. The focus of this function is to enhance the personal qualities of the employees to improve organizational productivity.
7. Compensation and Benefits Function: It is concerned with paying the employees and in administering their benefits package. The pay is based on consideration like job responsibility, skills, accountability, and efforts. While deciding the benefits package, stress is laid on employee needs, expectations, and the burden these packages create on the financial resources.
8. Employee Relations Function: The function involves enforcement of policies and procedures and permitting a ‘wronged employee’ a forum to obtain relief. The organization should ensure appropriate disciplinary sanctions.