- How To Do Opportunity Analysis For Your BusinessPosted 392 days ago
- How To Attract New Leads To Your BusinessPosted 392 days ago
- Role Of Technology In Modern Business SuccessPosted 393 days ago
- Tips On Buying Small Business Management SoftwarePosted 393 days ago
- Tips For Small Business Competition With Larger CompaniesPosted 394 days ago
- Benefits Of Online Computer Support For Small BusinessPosted 394 days ago
- 2 Ways To Improve Your Business And Make Money OnlinePosted 395 days ago
It is handing over the higher-level post to an employee from inside and this upward movement is known as promotion. In other words, it is the progression of an employee to a superior job in terms of superior responsibility, greater skill, more status, and greater than before pay rate. Accordingly, the chief conditions of promotions are:
Purposes Of Employee Promotion
• Delegation with a greater power and responsibility,
• Reassignment of high-level jobs,
• Higher salary.
In certain cases of promotion where salary is not increased, such promotions are called Dry Promotion. These promotions can be either permanent or temporary depending upon the requirement of the organization.
Types Of Promotion
There are 3 kinds of promotions namely Dry promotion, Vertical Promotion, and Upgradation.
In this promotion, the worker is moved to the subsequent higher level in hierarchy with a greater power, responsibility, and prestige with no increase in salary.
In this, the employee is moved to the subsequent higher level accompanied by greater power, responsibility, position, and salary.
The job is promoted in the organizational hierarchy. As a result, the employee obtains additional salary, higher responsibility, and power.
Purposes Of Promotion
Companies promote the employees with a view to attain the subsequent purposes:
• To make use of the employee’ knowledge, skill at the proper level ensuring in organizational efficacy and employee contentment.
• To build up capable internal source all set to start jobs at higher levels in the altering environment.
• To build up the competitive spirit and instill the enthusiasm to obtain higher knowledge, skills requisite by higher level of jobs.
• To encourage a feeling of contentment and a sense of belongingness towards the organization.
• To encourage the employee’s self development by plummeting employee turnover.
• To chuck out the tribulations produced by the leaders of worker’s union by promoting them to officer’s level where they are not efficient in generating tribulations.
• To reward dedicated employees, boost their confidence, and build reliability.
Basis Of Promotion
The well-established bases of promotion are:
An additional basis of promotion, which is well practiced in unusual shades, is nepotism or favoritism. Personnel officer must have the thought of efficiency of every basis while promoting the right employee.